Back to top
Advanced Features for the Finest Home Cinemas.
Bring blockbuster entertainment home with the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB. This affordable projector redefines the home cinema experience with versatile features and remarkable widescreen performance. Use the projector's anamorphic (stretch) mode to display 2.40:1 cinemascope content1 in its original format — making full use of the projector's 1600 lumens of colour brightness and 1600 lumens of white brightness (light output)1. This means no black bars surrounding the picture, and brighter, more vibrant imagery. The PowerLite Home Cinema 8700 UB also delivers deep, rich blacks and exceptionally sharp details, thanks to an impressive lineup of technology including an astonishing contrast ratio up to 200,000:1, made possible by a 1080p D7 chip, C1Fine technology and 3LCD, 3-chip technology.
Epson 3LCD, 3-chip optical engine
1080p (1920 x 1080)
Product Guides & Additional Information:
Back to top
- Deep, dark blacks; crystal-clear detail — 1080p D7 chip with C2Fine technology, plus 3LCD, 3-chip technology and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1
- Brilliant images, anytime, day or night — 1600 lumens of colour brightness and 1600 lumens of white brightness1
- Natural, smooth image quality — built-in Silicon Optix HQV Reon-VX processor
- Widescreen format — new anamorphic scaling mode preserves original 2.40:1 aspect ratio and eliminates black bars1
- High-definition, 1080p home theatre experience — D7 chip delivers 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Remarkable colour reproduction — new preset colour space selection facilitates accurate colour reproduction
- Stunning picture uniformity and positioning flexibility — state-of-the-art Fujinon lens with a 2.1x zoom ratio
- Energy-efficient E-TORL lamp — 200 W lamp lasts up to 4000 hours1
- Cutting-edge connectivity — two HDMI 1.3 ports for maximum flexibility
- Ideal for fast-action movies, TV shows — advanced, high-speed auto iris function adjusts light output up to 60 times per second
- Easy maintenance — convenient dust filtration system with large surface area for greater efficiency
- Outstanding support — two-year limited warranty; next-business-day shipping service
See Specifications page for Notes.
Back to top
Two-year projector limited warranty, Epson Road Service program, Epson PrivateLine® dedicated toll-free support and 90-day lamp limited warranty
Get additional extended service plans, including exchange/repairs plans and replacement plans