Epson - The Undisputed Leader in Projectors
From Epson's early beginnings as a projection pioneer, Epson continues its full commitment to offering projectors that lead in technology, innovation and quality. Epson is the top selling projector brand in the U.S. and Worldwide for a reason.
As the market leader, Epson continues to set the standards for image quality, performance and innovation with our line of multimedia projectors. Epson's commitment to delivering quality products is recognized by the industry through various product awards and industry recognition:
"The Epson PowerLite 1775W is an impressively capable WXGA date projector, highly portable, WiFi enabled, and surprisingly bright for its small size." - Tony Hoffman, PCMag.com, September 7, 2011More Info
"At the time of this review, I believe the VS350W is the highest rated lumen output WXGA projector under $1000, as almost all of the competition is rated at 3000 lumens. When you combine that fact with its excellent picture quality, the Epson VS350W deserves serious consideration from anyone looking for high brightness at an affordable price." - Mike RolletMore Info
Epson continues to lead the industry with innovative features designed to improve your experience with projectors. Here are some of the innovations that set Epson apart from the competition:
- E-TORL® lamp technology
- Plug 'n Play no-hassle setup - instantly projects images from a PC via USB connection
- Built-in Closed Captioning Decoder
- Quick Wireless Connection USB Key
- Instant Off® Technology
- Easy Management® software for monitor and control capabilities
- Network projection and wireless connectivity
- Quick Corner® function for easy setup
- CinemaFilter for astounding video colour fidelity
- State-of-the-art OptiCinema™ multi-lens system
Low Cost of Ownership
Epson knows that in today's economy, total cost of ownership is critical to your purchase decision. That is exactly why Epson designs projectors with low maintenance requirements and costs, to ensure low total cost of ownership.
E-TORL Lamp Technology
Most Epson projectors utilize Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology. E-TORL lamps are designed to have longer lamp life, so replacement lamps are purchased less often. The special E-TORL design minimizes both light defraction and light leakage, providing you with up to 50 percent more lamp life than competitive products.* And, E-TORL replacement lamps cost up to $150 less than competing replacement lamps. So, while the E-TORL lamp maximizes your presentation time, it also minimizes your costs.
* Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Brightness decreases over time.
Epson projectors also consume less energy than most competitive models, helping you save on energy costs. Epson projectors are designed with energy saving features such as a built-in "A/V Mute" slide* which will automatically power off the projector if the slide has been closed for 30 minutes.
*A/V mute slide available on select models
Filters and Easy Maintenance
Not only does Epson provide energy and cost saving features, Epson also makes maintenance easy by employing dust filters which are accessible from the side or front of the projector for easy access. Epson has also designed projectors to have the lamp door located on top of the projector, so that lamps are easily changed without having to remove the projector from its installed location.
All Epson projectors are based on 3-chip LCD technology for amazing colour, incredible detail and solid reliability.
3LCD's 3-chip architecture dedicates an entire chip to process each primary colour - red, green, and blue, continuously. Unlike single-chip technology that delivers colour sequentially, you get full-time colour. The result is vibrant, realistic images and video all delivered with 3LCD's true-to-life colour.
3LCD also delivers critical cost advantages over single-chip technology, including low wattage lamps, lower energy consumption and filters to reduce the amount of dust going through the projector and protect your investment.
For two decades, 3LCD technology has been the market's recognized leader in projection technology, and Epson continues to make strides in improving the technology.
For more information on 3LCD technology, visit www.3lcd.com.
As a company heavily focused on research & development, Epson introduced many technology "firsts" to the market. Epson pioneered the projection industry with the invention of the world's first optical projection engine, known as 3LCD technology. Additionally, Epson introduced the world's first LCD projector for video imaging in 1989, paving the way for the projection market.
As the manufacturer of both 3LCD technology and multimedia projectors, Epson is fully committed to the projector category, and continues to develop revolutionary technology.
- The VPJ-700, the world's first liquid crystal video projector, makes its debut
- Smallest, lightest and brightest multi-media projector, ELP-3000 is introduced
- At $999, Epson announces the first digital projector below the $1,000 price point
- The DVD player-projector that expanded the home-projector market, EMP-TWD1, is introduced
- Epson creates prototype mini-projector using LED light source
- Epson launches the PowerLite 400W, the industry's first 3LCD short-throw, widescreen projector with WXGA native resolution
- Epson launches new projectors featuring innovative proprietary USB connectivity
- Epson offers the industry's first Quick Wireless Connection USB Key, removing all the complexity from wireless connectivity
Global Technology Leader
Epson's history spans more than 100 years, with a heritage that began in watch making and led to the invention of the world's first quartz watch along with many other technology "firsts."
Along with its rich heritage in the imaging industry, Epson operates manufacturing, marketing and service locations around the world, making Epson one of the leading global providers of high tech components and products.
Unrivaled Service & Support System
Epson projectors are backed by a 2-year standard limited warranty, which includes Epson's Road Service. Epson PowerLite Pro G and Pro Cinema series projectors have a 3-year standard limited warranty. Road Service provides a replacement projector whether you are on the road, in the office, or at home - with next business day delivery and free shipping both ways! With Epson projectors, you can be rest assured you're in good hands.
Epson also has a special program called Brighter Futures® to help K-12 and Higher Education institutions obtain projectors at a lower cost, to ultimately help schools integrate technology for improved student instruction.
Customers registered under Epson's Brighter Futures® program receive a standard 3-year warranty, including Road Service and PrivateLine®, Epson's exclusive toll-free tech support.
Proven Customer Satisfaction
Find out how customers use Epson projectors with these success stories:
Epson Projectors help Palm Beach County School District create interactive media classroomsLearn More >
Epson 3LCD Projectors give the Burgettstown Area School District a media-rich learning environment at a lower total cost of ownershipLearn More >
Epson 3LCD projectors keep Oak Ridge Schools a step ahead in classroom technologyLearn More >
Read about Epson projectors in the Tacoma School DistrictLearn More >
Learn how Epson 3LCD projectors motivate students in Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District to do wellLearn More >
Epson projectors are an essential component of business education at the Wharton SchoolLearn More >
Learn how Epson 3LCD projectors are helping Southern Miss standardize technology in its classroomsLearn More >
Epson 3LCD Projectors deliver trouble-free presentations for faculty at the University of San FranciscoLearn More >
Environmentally Friendly Practices
Epson is fully committed to the environment and has aimed to create innovative products that are reliable, recyclable and energy efficient.
Epson strives to minimize the environmental impact across the life cycle of its products by incorporating the following environmental practices:
Better Products for a Better Future
- Think Green - Design products thinking of the entire life cycle
- Choose Wisely - Use environmentally considered materials
- Create - Produce useful products with a minimum of materials and energy
- Deliver - Transport products efficiently
- Less Usage - Minimize user burden
- Use Wisely - Reuse resources
Additionally, Epson has achieved the following environmental milestones:
- 1988: Epson was the first company to eliminate chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) from its precision cleaning process.
- 2000: The Epson Portland facility achieved an accomplishment of zero waste sent to landfills.
- 2001: All Epson business establishments completed its ISO 14001 certification activities.
- 2001: Epson introduced wind power as an alternative energy source. Since then, Epson has also introduced additional energy sources such as hydro, solar and natural gas, and continually works to prevent soil and groundwater contamination at Epson factories.
- 2006: Epson reduced the impacts of distribution by decreasing packaging size, requiring less shipping space.
- 2008: Epson introduced its 2050 plan to reduce C02 emissions by 90% across the lifecycle of all products and services by 2050.
- 2008: Epson was chosen for the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
- 2009: Epson began using eco-labels conforming to the revised Epson ecology label system.
- 2010: Epson established "SE15 Mid-Term Environmental Policy"
- 2012: Epson's in-house facility accredited as an International ENERGY STAR® Program testing center.
- 2013: Epson America joined the newly expanded worldwide EPEAT green rating system for imaging equipment.
For more information about Epson's environmental initiatives, visit www.epson.com/environment.