- Advanced Micro Piezo®, optimized for photo printing
- Monochrome head: 48 nozzles, Color head: 48 nozzles x 5 (CcMmY)
Ink Cartridge Configuration
- One black cartridge and one color (CcMmY) cartridge
- Dye based photographically superior Photo Ink system
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
Ink Cartridge Life
Black Ink Yield
- 540 pages text (ISO/IEC 10561 letter pattern), 370 pages graphic (5% coverage)¹
Colour Ink Yield
- 330 pages (15% combined coverage)¹
Ink Shelf Life
- 2 years from production date; 6 months from first use
Maximum Resolution (dots per inch)
4" x 6" Photo
8" x 10" Photo
Maximum Paper Width
- Single sheet - 8.5", Roll paper - 8.3"
Maximum Printable Area
- 8.3" x 44"
On letter-size: full bleed possible on 8.5" x 11"
Top/bottom margin 0"
Left/right margin 0"
- Letter, legal, A4, B5, A5, A6, half letter, executive, user definable (4" to 44" in length), 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 4" roll, panoramic (8.3" x 23.4")
Borderless Photo Sizes
- 4" x 6" , 5" x 7" , 8" x 10" , letter, and panoramic
- Supports a variety of Epson photo papers, roll papers (roll paper holder included), plain, bond and air mail papers. Supports EPSON Premium Bright White, Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Semigloss Photo Paper, Premium Luster Photo Paper, ColorLife Photo Paper, Matte Paper Heavyweight, Double-sided Matte, Inkjet Transparencies, Self-adhesive Sheets, Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper, Greeting Cards, High Quality Banner paper; labels; envelopes, Iron-on Transfers and Photo Stickers; and EPSON 4" and 8.3" roll paper
Special Media Support
- Roll paper - 4" and 8.3" rolls , Straight paper path to support media up to 1.3mm thick
Direct CD / DVD Printing Support
Maximum Paper Thickness
Straight through paper path for thicker media
Light Resistance / Print Longevity
- Fade resistant up to 27 years with Epson ColorLife Photo Paper³
- Input paper tray: 100 Sheets(plain paper)/10 envelopes/1 transparency/ 1 printable CD/DVD
Hardware and Software Details
Printer Dimensions & Weight
- Storage (L x W x H): 19.4" x 12.0" x 7.2"
Printing (L x W x H): 19.4" x 21.5" x 11.9"
Weight: 15.18 lb
Printer Case Colour
Interface and Connectivity
- Windows USB/Parallel - Windows 98, 2000, Me and XP
- Macintosh USB - Macintosh OS 8.6 - 9.x, OS X 10.1.x and 10.2.x4
- Epson Software Film Factory, CD printing software, and PRINT Image Matching Plug-In for Adobe® Photoshop® 6.0, 7.0, and Elements 1.0 and 2.0
- EPSON ESC/P Raster, EPSON Remote
- Standard, Charts and Graphs, EPSON Vivid Color, PhotoEnhance
- 16,000 pages - letter text
- Temperature: Operating 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C), Storage -4° to 140° F (-20° to 60° C);
- Humidity: Operating 20% to 80% relative humidity, Storage 5% to 85% relative humidity (no condensation)
- Safety standards: UL1950, CSA 22.2 No. 950; FCC part 15 subpart B class B, CSA C108.8 class B
- Approx. 12W (Energy Star compliant), Approx. 5W in Standby mode
- Standard one-year limited warranty in the U.S. and Canada including EPSON Exchange program (U.S. and Canada only) Extended warranties available beyond one year - see Warranty page
- ¹ Cartridge life will vary with images printed, print settings, papers, and frequency of use. Some ink from first cartridge used for initialization.
- ² Black text memo is in Economy mode and color photo is in Fine mode. Additional processing time may vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity.
- ³ Lightfastness rating up to 27 years based on accelerated testing of prints on EPSON ColorLife Photo Paper displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display prints under glass or laminations or properly store them. Water-resistant prints are produced using EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper and EPSON Photo Paper.
- 4PhotoEnhance, PRINT Image Matching, and Exif Print not supported in OS X